We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for the four days off I've had.  Kyle and I were able to go visit my family in Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday morning, his grandparents on Saturday afternoon, and my grandparents on Sunday.  It was a whirlwind trip including 11 hours of driving, but it was well worth it.  I'm grateful that cars exist.  I'm talking to my kids about traveling in a wagon.  This trip wouldn't have been possible via wagon with just 11 hours of drive time.  I'm thankful that brave souls cut through the mountains and made roads.  I wouldn't choose to go by wagon over the mountains unless it was VERY clear from God that I was supposed to.  I'm thankful for the time to visit.  Having both Monday and Tuesday off allowed me to get lesson plans done for this week and next while still enjoying the company of friends at lunch and a bit of shopping today.  

No comments: