We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Horsepower

I found out last night that my soon-to-be brother-in-law just purchased a muscle car. I emailed him to see what it was and it is a ‘72 Chevelle, red with a 350 in it. I started asking questions about what his plans were for it. Right now its in good condition so he’ll add to it slowly. He mentioned that if he added racing stripes it would add 50 horsepower. In that case I offer some other horsepower boosting items such as:

Adhesive imitation hoodpins 10hp
Stickers (Hooker, Edelbrock, ect) 5hp
Colored hoses 8hp

He says that after a few years he’ll put a big block in it. It was the first thing his fiancé asked him when they were driving around, “Are you going to put a bigger engine in it?”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Guys & cars. Wow. I'm sure there are girls & _________ (you fill in the blank) things. I just don't "get" it. It's almost like speaking alien or a foreign language to me.:) Kari

Kyle said...

I am proud to say that Tasha knows the difference between tires and rims. She also points out cool looking rims.

Unknown said...

You should be darned proud. She's an amazing lady! I, too, know the difference between tires & rims. But, I just don't get the fascination with them.:) I know what fluids leak which colors. I also know a whole lot about the CV boot & sway bar areas of the car.

Tasha said...

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with cars either. Kyle loved having the Mustang while we visited you, but I decided I'd be okay to never own the car. It isn't practical for a teacher since it has a small trunk, it's hard to get stuff out of the backseat (let alone get sit back there), and the windows are so small for my comfort. I love being outside, and the sporty windows didn't let me see enough of what was outside.