We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Last week in photos II

I have no idea what these flowers are, but boy are they stunning. They reminded me of China and Singapore. You can find them at the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz. My family and I went through a mini (due to size of location) tour of the "mystery spot" which reminded me a whole lot of Knott's Berry Farm. There is, or at least used to be, a "tour" at Knott's where you would have optical allusions due to perspective and the tilting of land and what not. The Mystery Spot is the same type of thing. It only cost $5 to park and $5 a person, totally worth it. Plus, we went of a mini hike while waiting that was great. (It's at the back of the parking lot past the buildings. Just look for the yellow sign )




























You can't tell well from this photo, but this white flower is the size of a dessert plate!!! This was at Monterey near a guy playing piano on a regular keyboard at times, and on an keyboard that is held like a guitar. He was rather amusing to watch as he passionately played while showing (or pretending to) love life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! We need to get you a book that describes & shows flowers so that you can put names with these beauties!

Did I ever tell you that I spent a summer in Santa Cruz? Yup- My Aunt Jane was expecting a baby & she needed some help with watching her step-daughter. That was a lifetime ago, 8th grade! But, I got to spend the WHOLE summer there. She worked for a company called Atari- they make Pacman, Frogger, etc. Back in the day, I just needed to sign in to the gameroom & I could play for FREE for as long as I wanted. DUDE!

Anonymous said...

WOW - your pictures are gorgeous! Yes, God's creations can make any frown a smile or a heavy heart a cheerful place to be. My new found "fun" is taking pictures and through Wal-Mart turning them into a collage poster. I can only imagine the beauty a poster would be filled of using your photos!!!!! I think I'll do that!
Thanks for being you and sharing!!!
Donna Borntreger

Tasha said...

Kari-I didn't know you lived in Santa Cruz! What did you think of the boardwalk? We went there July 3rd in the evening. It was WAY packed, a little too much for my comfort.

Has anyone ever been to a KOA, Kampgrounds of America? I had never heard of them before, but they are pretty cool. They had all kinds of activities like banana bikes, water balloon fights, pancake breakfasts, horse shoes, a climbing rock wall... We didn't do all of the stuff they offered, but some of us did make tie-dye shirts!!!

staceypayne said...

I like your flower pics! I take a lot of those kind too, the colors always show up so pretty in photos!