We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am so thankful that I had the week off for Thanksgiving! I was able to do all kinds of fun projects. For example, I made my first macaroni salad and my very first pie. A good friend who regularly makes a pie when her son comes home from college showed me how to make a oh so delicious apple pie. I normally endure the crust of a pie to get to the filling. This homemade crust was irresistible. I also was able to make a special photo album for Ama and Apa! I made a red scarf for my mom. I listened to Worth, The Penderwicks, and I'm in the middle of listening to Rodzina. If you want a light hearted funny book, pick up The Penderwicks. If you want a good story set around the late 1800s (from what I remember that is) in the Midwest about a family who through hardship learned to accept one another, pick up Worth. So far Rodzina is quite interesting as she is a Polish orphan being sent west in the last 1800s on an orphan train to be given to hopefully loving families. Rodzina isn't too happy about the move and fights being picked on for her Polish heritage and physical size.
Kyle and I were able to spend two days with friends and family in Bako. Have you ever played the game Imagine If? I had so much fun playing. According to my family I am a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I thought of myself more as a turkey sandwich, but who knew... :) I also got to spend quite a bit of time with PopPop, my grandfather. He shared all kinds of stories about his past that were very interesting. Growing up my grandparents lived in New York, so I got to see them about once a year. This was a special time for he and I as I learned all kinds of stuff. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss your grandparents so much. Please call them and let them know I pray for them and miss them. Of course, I miss you even worse.
Love, AMMA