We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday Cake!

While planning the September birthdays (there are three of us born in September) with my mom we came into a problem. She and my oldest sister would be out of town on Friday and Saturday. So, I volunteered to make the cake. As we talked I heard my mom say, "... chocolate cake ..." She was assuming it would be a chocolate cake. As a child I didn't know people had anything other than chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream on their birthday.

I reminded my mom that I volunteered to make that cake, and after all since it was my birthday we were celebrating, I would be decide what kind of a cake. In gest I told her that it just might be purple. Well, that didn't please my chocolate loving mother. She then said that she'd find a way to make the cake. I told her no, that I was quite capable of making a cake. I then reminded her that again, it might be purple.

Enjoy some pictures of the cake I made.


No comments: