We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Fun

My favorite part of fall is coming soon!  I LOVE when the leaves change colors, especially when they turn red!!!
Eliana watched this butterfly flutter by.  She's been having me read Flutter Fly! a lot lately.  Thanks GramE for the book!!!

Some weeds just look cool to me.  I wouldn't want to rub up against it, but Eliana and I inspected this one for a little while.

 I have know idea why this fungus turned yellow and orange, but isn't it pretty!  It gives me hope that soon more leaves will be turning colors.
It is hard to tell it is late October when we still dress like this.  I don't really mind though since it is currently in the 70s.  That is nice outdoor weather!!!

Yikes!  I'm grateful for zoom!  This spider is bigger than a half dollar.  I spotted him on the way to get the mail a few days ago.  I double checked today, and he is still there!  Eliana's favorite part of walking to get the mail is checking a few windows for cats.  She knows which ones to wait by and call out, "Cat, cat, cat!"

Remember all of that noise I was mentioning a few posts ago?  I wasn't kidding!  This is Eliana before dinner. She is rather loud from about 4:30 to dinner near 5.  She hasn't matured in any form of quietly, patiently waiting for food.  

I tried a new homemade pizza crust recipe.  I liked it better than the boxed one I used a few weeks back.  Most kids wouldn't refuse to eat pizza, but Eliana wasn't thrilled.  Thankfully, Kyle told me that he loved it!  That helped since we'd endured quite the scream fest from Eliana during dinner.  I have to remind myself that this is a phase.  I've been getting pretty creative this week about helping Eliana to eat.  I put strawberries in her oatmeal, and that worked out pretty well.  She wanted some of my sandwich rather than finishing her food (including peas), so I put a pea in my sandwich and gave her that bite.  I wouldn't like peas in my sandwich, but it worked time and time again for her.  Tonight we had a yummy black bean and sausage soup.  Eliana wasn't interested until I cut up bananas and put it on top of hers.  Then amazingly both banana and beans went into her belly.  Eliana just had the soup ingredients minus the broth.  She hasn't mastered how to use a spoon. Would I like bananas in my soup?  No way, but it is working to get Eliana to eat.  

Eliana loves to play outside.  We got some good outside time in yesterday.  I brought her ball with me.  I stood on a little hill and let the ball roll down the hill to her.  She thought that was fabulous.  She'd then go get the ball and bring it part way up the hill to me.  Eventually, she got brave and climbed up the hill.  The first time was okay because she took tiny steps to get back down.  The second time wasn't so good because she tried to take regular steps which made her go fast and scared her.  So, she stopped, cried, and tried to get to me.  I'm so thankful that she is learning so many new things.  I'm so grateful that a ball rolling down a hill brings her such pleasure.


Eliana knows where her nose, head, ears, and belly are.  She's also figured out where her toes and mouth are, but that isn't part of the video.

No comments: