We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hiking

Next Friday I am joining 12 guys and we’re all going on a 3 day/2 night backpacking trip up around Nelson Lake in the Mariposa Area. Gearing up can be heck’a expensive. One of the guys had the luxury of getting all his gear at once, brand new, for about a grand. There’s some really great products out there from knives, chairs, tents, bags, boots, packs… you name it. I began by getting a membership to REI. Then I chose an ultralite pack. It is the REI Ridgeline 65. It is top and bottom loading, 65 liter capacity, lots of adjustments, and water resistant. It is designed for a comfortable 3 day but if I pack well, the pack expert at the store said, I could go for over a week with it.


Today I chose to walk to work which is 3.6 miles from home. Once I got to work, I found a site called Walking Guide and it has a routing map which once you fill it in tells you your distance, pace, and calories burned. By the time the trip rolls around I should be in better condition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day this week early in the morning (before 6am) I walked from our apartment to Blockbuster on Shaw/Sunnyside to return some movies. I think i figured out it's about 2.5 miles round trip. You know, after a while, I got kind of tired of walking :) Next time I'll have to bring some music!

(got your url from an email Tasha sent this afternoon to ladies at church)

Tasha said...

I imagine it was quite cooler when you (Michelle) were walking than when Kyle was. I had left my cell phone at home the day Kyle walked. It turned out that when I got home I had a message waiting for me. Kyle would like a break from the "lovely" walk he was having on the way back home. I willingly and quickly called back to see where he was at, and I was able to save him a bit of distance left in his walk home.

Tasha said...

I don't understand why there is a picture of ???Bigfoot??? on this post.

Kyle said...

Just because he's cool.