We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Minnesota

Kyle and I had a great time in Minnesota. We were able to visit a lot of extended family from my side that I've only met once before that I can remember. I was amazed at the hospitality of my relatives. One couple gave up their bed for us and slept in the loft in their garage. They wouldn't hear of us sleeping there since the only restroom was in the house. A great aunt of mine stole the bill at dinner when we had purposely taken her out to dinner. Another great aunt took us on a tour of New Ulm and blessed us with a great German meal. My grandma showed us the farm she grew up on and the little country church she went to as a kid.
The leaves were changing, and it was simply beautiful there!

A corn field that used to belong to my great grandparents.

The little country church my grandma went to as a little girl. That is back when their wasn't running water or electricity in the middle of Minnesota's blizzards.

Oh, the colors were so rich there!

The view outside of my great aunt and uncle's.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Someone told me that I look very contemplative in the last picture looking down the road in front of Roger and Janice's. That's called jet-lag-brain-fog. :P

Unknown said...

Beautiful recap! I felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing!