We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Great Day

Last week was hard on me. I had tons of time on my own while Kyle was at work and at school. I have the not so lovely state test quickly approaching. It is always a dilemma when I come up to the two weeks prior to testing. What do you focus on? What do you review? What do you teach?

I had picked up a good book, A Thousand Tomorrows, the Wednesday before Easter break. So, I graded almost everything I had collected that day in between reading chapters. On Thursday I graded a math test. I wasn't thrilled with my students results and chose to finish the book rather than grade papers. So, by the time I got to grading during the break my stack was seriously around 4 inches tall. I am amazed at the amount of work my kids do in a day. I chose to grade the massive stack over a couple of days while fretting over what to do about lesson plans.

I did tons of research over the break and found some great links and activities for my kids. By the time I was done lesson planning, which happened to be shortly before Bible study last night, I was actually excited about this week. I had been so worried, yet when I humbled myself before God and said that I couldn't plan on my own, He was SO faithful to help me.

Today was a great day, and I owe that all to God. Things ran smoothly which is amazing for coming off of a sugar intense weekend for my kids. I am so grateful for my job and the great kids I get to work with.

No comments: