We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Plantar Warts

I just had epiphany.  For some, this connection isn't going to work, but hear me out.  Plantar warts are like sin.  The wart starts as just a white dot on the bottom of your foot.  It doesn't hurt initially. Over time it grows and can create more dots.  Sin is the same way.  The consequences for sin may not always be immediate.  Sin can creep in before you realize it is there.  Then there is the process of trying to get rid of plantar warts.  As I am currently in the process, I can tell you that it is a long term process.  It could take me months to get rid of them.  I have to put medicine on them and change the medicine ever 48 hours.  I get to cut out parts of the wart in an effort to let the medicine get deeper into the wart.  Trying to get rid of sin is similar.  It takes effort, time, and careful observation.  Sometimes you have to cut the temptations of your life.  I don't like the cutting process that God allows when He is trying to cleanse us of sin.
Consider the sin of complaining.  I have been doing a Bible study on Moses.  In Numbers 11 the people complained, the Lord was displeased, and He burned their camp.  It is so easy to complain, yet I clearly know that God does not approve.  Trying to not complain takes a lot of effort.  Seeking God for help in times of trouble instead of wallowing in self pity is not a natural reaction.  I, being human, am very selfish and find it were easy to say woe is me.  When really, if I seriously look around, I am so blessed.  Yes things can be hard, but I am blessed beyond measure and I daily take that for grant it. 

1 comment:

Kieran & Kari said...

I really liked this, Tasha! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write it! I miss the Moses study...I got SO much from it years ago. Miss you. (7a Mon- Currently listening to Charlie Hall while starting to write a devotional before Ethan wakes up. (Mon is "late start" day.))