We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Love Dare

Kyle and I watched Fireproof some months ago. Since then we picked up two copies of the book The Love Dare. I'd highly recommend both. Kyle and I each have our own copy since there is space to journal after each of the forty days. Each day has a couple pages with food for thought and then there is a love dare for each day tied to the food for thought.

So, on day 3 I read about selfishness. To work on not being selfish you are to go and buy something for your spouse. In premarital counseling I read The Five Love Languages. They are quality time, touch, words of affirmation, acts of service, and gifts. My least was to feel loved is by gifts. Yes, I do like them. In fact they can make quite an impression on my when I'm not expecting them. Say, for example, the meals that the Bahers and Whites have shared with me when they knew I was having a hard time. That speaks volumes. Anyway, it is hard for me to buy something for someone when there isn't a purpose. Okay, so I know that I was to buy out of love, but the practical side of me had a hard time. I wondered through Target for quite some time looking at shirts, cds, aisles of crafts, pictures, party favors, coffee, cards, and finally success with the inspiration to search for black licorish. I didn't find said licorish, but I did find some fabulous trail mix on the way. I also picked up a card to tell of my Target journey, because there was a lot of love in wondering for that long in search of a perfect gift.

As it turns out, the trail mix was truly a tummy savor. With our flights the way they were to New Jersey, we would have been starving had it not been for Chunky Monkey trail mix!

No comments: