We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Out of my Box

Most of you know that I can be a fairly shy person around new people.  So, I find it humorous that God has been gently molding me over the past few years to be more bold with complete strangers.

Our church has a moms group that meets once a month.  Our goal is to encourage the moms, learn about God, and enjoy the fellowship of other ladies.  I look forward to it each month.

This past month I've invited three people to our moms group, and the odd thing is that these invitations came pretty much on the first conversation with them.  Through a series of events, I ended up getting some clothes from the wife of a fellow teacher conference goer.  I wrote a note explaining our moms group's purpose and when we meet.  I know that I really needed a support network when I became a mom, and so I find it easy to share about Moms Central because I don't want anyone to feel as lonely as I did that first year home.  The second gal is a neighbor, who I still don't know her name, but I did find out she is having twins soon.  I thought, gee, if I were having twins, I'd like to know some other moms who have kids.  So I wrote a similar note, had Kyle pray I'd have the courage to deliver it and know what to say, and then I gave it to her husband who answered the door.  I could tell he is excited to be a dad and was blessed that I'd think of his wife.  The third gal was the grocery clerk I met today after Moms Central.  She asked about my day and I said I'd been encouraged by this moms group I went to.  She seemed interested, so low and behold that card with church information and the gospel I'd kept in my purse for months turned out to be the perfect piece of paper to write down our next event's info on.

Am I a brave person?  If you really know me, you'd say no.  I am a cautious, follow the rules, and try not to make anyone feel uncomfortable type of person.  But, I've been studying Acts and Paul's boldness.  Paul loved Jesus so much, he couldn't help but share the truth about Him.  So, even though I didn't share the gospel with these three invitations to Moms Central, I do pray that these will be seeds planted for His kingdom.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

It would appear that I am rubbing off on you with you talking to strangers and being spontaneous and all. I am proud of you for climbing out of your comfort zone to be obedient.