We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, March 12, 2012

March Memories

 A few Saturdays ago we went to take pictures in the blooming orchards.  Well, it turns out that the orchards in my memory weren't on the street I remembered.  But, we found these cool trees in the process.  Eliana was moving so quickly in the fading light that this truly was one of maybe three or four that were in focus.  Yeah for playing Hide and Go Seek from me:)

I feel like the trees bloom for such a brief moment, and then the green takes over.  It isn't that I don't like green; it is after all my favorite color.  I simply am amazed when the trees turn white, pink, and purple.


Eliana and I visited with these amazing kiddos last week.  Oh how I love them!  Timothy has grown so very much!  They all have!


 I love when we visit Michele's house, because Eliana always gets a lesson in sharing.  :)

Notice that they toy Eliana is using to try and open the front door has WHEELS on it!?!?!  This child has no fear when it comes to exploring.  Her creativity and curiosity seem to be limitless.  Tonight Kyle attached a basket to the front of this toy.  Eliana was thrilled to carry her panda around from Grandpa Hal and Grandma Sue.  It is currently one of her favorite toys.  

 Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?  This was the first year in five that I actually captured the blossoms before the disappeared for the season.  I love them!  I was even brave enough to knock on a door of a stranger's house just to ask if I could photograph her tree.  She smiled and was quite willing.


I love the variety of colors Eliana and I see as we go walking together. 
 
Sometimes, you capture the image you have in your mind perfectly.  It is such a rare treat for me, that I am delighted when it happens.  I've been photographing roses since I first got my hands on a camera, and sadly most of them are disappointing compared to the true beauty of the rose.  Awe, but this picture, that pretty much sums up what I saw.  These flowers were from Right to Life's 25th Anniversary Dessert last Thursday.  I must say I walked away with a lot of things to ponder about life and abortion. 

4 comments:

GramE said...

Beautiful!!!

Allison said...

I just love that top picture of Kyle and Eliana! Fresno is so beautiful when all of the orchards are in bloom - I miss seeing them, terribly! Isn't it funny how when kids are doing something they shouldn't necessarily be doing (climbing on something with wheels), we rush to snap a picture before we redirect them?! I do it ALL.THE.TIME. haha! And that tree is a Magnolia tree! My parents have one in their front yard - absolutely gorgeous when it's covered in those pink and white bloms! Hope we get to see you guys while we are out visiting - we miss you guys!

Allison said...

Oh, and that photo of the rose is stunning!!

Tasha said...

Thanks for posting Allison! It is nice to hear from a fellow photographer that the pictures are turning out:)