We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laughing with Students

This week a student asked if we were going to have a Bible and Art Club next year.  I touched my belly and said I wasn't sure since I'll be having a baby in the fall.  She and the others were totally shocked to find that I was pregnant.

"You didn't tell us!!!" came the quick surprised response of the girl.  I could tell in her voice that she was slightly offended that I hadn't shared my secret sooner, and yet she was completely excited at the same time.

"You didn't ask."  I meekly replied.

"YOU CAN'T ASK THAT!!!" came the quick reply of the girl.

"You're right.  You can't."  I chucked and smiled back.

"That is a personal question." her friend informed me as if I didn't know.

A student who had gone to get some water returned a few minutes later and three of the girls yelled that I was pregnant.  I don't know if he was more shocked that I was pregnant or that he had such an onslaught of loud voices nearly knocking him over as soon as he stepped into the room.

No comments: