We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Locks of Love Donation



 This is the last photo taken of my long hair.  Eliana was "helping" me do the dishes.  This is at least my third time donating to Locks of Love.  My hair was getting pretty long after Eliana was born, but I had Kyle chop it off soon after she was born because I just couldn't handle all of the weight of all that extra hair.  It wasn't quite long enough to donate, but I was tired of the headaches.  This time around Trisha cut it.  She didn't know she'd be a hair dresser when she came to visit, but I was thrilled to have her do my hair!!!

 Eliana's vocabulary now includes, "Careful, baby." as she is gentle around her growing baby sister.

 We've hit 30 weeks already!  My how the times flies.  If this little one is early like her big sister, then we have less than 7 weeks to go.  I guess it is time to pick a name or at least narrow down the options to a handful.

 I am so very grateful for our growing family.  I'm getting less sleep now, but I know it is all God's way of preparing me for the new little one to come.

I recently was in a conversation with man who I realized had no compassion for his wife when she woke up in the middle of the night in severe pain with a charlie horse.  I am so very blessed to have such a gracious and loving husband who willingly, and gently, rubs out those knots.

Updates on Eliana:
*She is 25 months old.
*Sometimes she goes days with out an accident, and I PRAISE the Lord for that!!!  She can sleep through the night and wake up dry.  She went to the toilet two times at church with child care workers yesterday.  That is a first.  Normally she just goes through the motions with them a handful of times.  She has done well over the past few days about going to the restroom while we were out and about for a couple of hours at a time.
*A little over a week ago Eliana found me crying.  Her little, tender heart stirred and she went and got me her blanket.  She told me to lay down.  She covered me up.  I was resting my arm holding my head up.  Nope, that wasn't good for her.  She wanted me completely resting on the floor covered in her favorite blanket made by Aunt Marcie.  I was so touched by her compassion.

No comments: