We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sleep

Sleep

Sleep, oh how I miss thee
Let me count the ways

Sleep, your waning quality is poorly timed
For 'tis the season to toilet train
When you left
You took the great virtue
Patience

Sleep, why did you confiscate my 
Sense of humor too?
Taking everything literally is
Problematic for my marriage

Sleep, I received your replacement
Hormonal Surges
I'd rather you return
Being near tears for no apparent reason
For hours on end
Is
Not
My idea of a good time

Sleep, your absence has been noted 
By
My 
Two year old
"Tired mommy?"

Sleep, your recommendation for
An earlier bed time has been noted
What about my application sent to the 
Uninterrupted department?

Sleep, I understand that these
Multiple wakings in the night
Are part of God's preparation for the
Coming baby
Please know that you are
Dearly
Missed

Sleep, even if you can't stay long
A visit now and then
Would be
Much
Appreciated

Sleep, I remember when you
Took a vacation about two years ago
Your replacement
Near Delusional
Was not
Welcome
My application to the uninterrupted department
Wasn't granted for
Over
A
Year
Please don't take such a long vacation
When baby sister arrives

*** I wrote this poem last week after several days of little sleep.  I figured writing a funny poem was better than lashing out at Kyle and Eliana.

No comments: