We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Elaine, Grant, Jaxon

 There are many reasons why my first year as a stay at home mom was very difficult.  Maybe one day I'll share those reasons, but that isn't today.  Today is about some very special people who helped me soon after being home for over a year.  We met Elaine, Grant, and Jaxon at a BBQ hosted by our apartment complex last fall.  A few weeks later, Elaine and I with our kids crossed paths while going to the mail box, and I asked if she and Jaxon would like to join Eliana and I for a walk later that week.  That was the beginning of friendship in which we walked for nearly an hour almost every week, and I found my first new friend since being a mommy.
 Jaxon and Eliana played well together and learned to share together.  Just recently Jaxon learned how to walk, and it was hilarious watching them play peek a boo/hide and go seek around corners and in rooms.  For months Eliana has loved helping Eliane to push Jaxon's stroller during parts of our walks.
Elaine and her family moved back home to New Zealand last weekend.  We will miss their close proximity dearly.  I look forward to Skype catch up calls in the future.  I am so very grateful that technology will aid us in staying connected.

You can see a photo of Eliana helping to push Jaxon in his toy car a few months ago here.

No comments: