We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fresno Pacific

Registration day was this last week. When Tasha and I got out of the car we started to laugh at all the freshmen with their parents. I told her that she was to refer to me as son and I to her as mom for the rest of the day. She didn't go for it.

We opened with coffee and snacks. There was prayer and a very great speaker welcomed us. The parents stayed for parent orientation and I went with all the students. I was pretty chill all morning. I registered for classes, got my photo taken, visited the nurse, and then did lunch there in their cafeteria.

During lunch we spoke with a mom of an incoming freshman who sat with us at our table. It was so great and different to speak of God, and praying, and church. I am really going to love this.

This fall I will have 14 units and in the spring I will have 15 units. While registering I had to choose a PE class. I saw that there was a Self Defense class which I laughed at. The instructors asked what was going on and I asked, "Aren't you pacifists?" She told me it was blocking, no striking. Bummer, because I'd love to start sparring again.

While I waited to see the Financial Advisor I got to meet quite a few students. There were plenty of freshmen but there were also transfers which made me feel not so weird. This one guy got upity because his mom kept "walking off". I hope I wasn't so freshmen when I was a freshman.

No comments: