We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Homestretch

Last week I was all stressed out to get a paper done that when I went to turn it in I was told that the deadline had actually been pushed out to the next class meeting. Sure, it was good to have it done. However, putting 24 hours into over a period of 4 days was not the most fun I've ever had.

Next week I have another paper due for a different class. I picked up yet another book today from the library. I was very fond of libraries as a child because we'd escape the heat of our un-airconditioned house in Oildale by going to the Beale Library for the afternoon. Once I got into junior high and high school, I became not so fond of them because looking at them made me feel small and the more I read the more I learned that I did not know. Here in college though I am shifting back to having a fondness of the library. I love to walk through the isles and just see what topics I stumble across.

I have just three weeks left and then I am done with this school year. I really need a break so I won't be attending summer school. This fall will be full of major classes which I am really looking forward to; classes in Bible, theology, and ministry.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I love the library too. I'm so glad that the Bahers showed us the wonderful world of audio books. I really enjoyed The Secret School by Avi and The Bandit's Moon recently!!! I'd suggest the Secret School to all ages, Bandit's Moon to kids nearing the end 4th grade. There is some great dilemmas in the years after the gold rush between Mexicans and the gringos or Yankees as they're called in the story, but there is also some robbery and killings in the story too.