We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The beginning of school, a bittersweet blessing.

School is about to start.  I am filled with joy and dread all at the same time.  God and I had a long talk over this yesterday.  I've struggled this summer on occasion with loneliness and feeling purposeless.  Yet, I don't look forward to the stress connected to school.  I love teaching; I just wish it didn't take up sooooo much of my time and energy.  I wish there was a happy medium in the middle.  During the school year, I often feel like Kyle gets the leftovers of me.  I'm often fine and full of energy at work, but then I'm not by the time I get home.  I don't like how school takes up just about most of all my Saturdays.  I can't just halfway do my job.  Then again, with Kyle in school, there isn't much us time during the school year.  
I have one week left before meetings and school begin.  I'll start decorating my walls, making photocopies for the first bit of school, organizing desks, putting together welcome packets in Spanish and English....  The beginning of school, a bittersweet blessing.
Although it won't last long, I am really looking forward to having a reason to get up early.  I like getting up early when I have a reason to.  I enjoy the cool mornings.  I like how awake and alive I feel.  I just wish my brain didn't get so overloaded that it becomes hard to get up in the morning.

No comments: