We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God Provides

About a month ago I was praying about what to do with my love for teaching. I'm taking a year off, and I was struggling with that. It isn't that I don't want to be a stay at home mommy; it was a struggle to let go of the school and kids that I love dearly. After truly laying down my fears and struggles with this to God, He laid it on my heart to teach ladies this summer through the book of Ephesians. Do you know there are more than 5 Bible studies on Ephesians at Berean??? So after 2 trips to Berean and Kyle's help, I chose a Bible study by John Stott. I liked his format because it focuses more on what the Bible says rather than what someone says about the Bible.

Now some of your are realizing that my daughter is due to arrive in the middle of July. No worries, my good friend Michele will be in the study with me, and she will lead once my little one gets here.

So, I spread the word of this Bible study and then waited. Did I wait patiently? No, I got a bit anxious when I hadn't heard from anyone. Kyle reminded me at that time that only a day had passed, but I figured I'd contacted about 50 ladies. Didn't anyone want to study God's word??? For days I went back and forth between fretting and trusting God. I prayed many times that I would be content with those He decided to bring.

Part of the hope for the Bible study was to have gals from my apartment complex come. One of the ladies on the apartment office was interested. My hope was that she and one other lady would be able to come. I checked in with her midweek last week. She said she had several ladies interested. I tried not to get my hopes up. Interest and commitment are often two different things.

Well, last night was the first Bible study. The fabulous gal in the office came, and she brought FOUR girls from the apartments with her!!! I look back and realize that God had everything under control. I sure wish I could take back some of that fretting. I know Kyle would have appreciated that too! :)

2 comments:

Kieran & Kari said...

Perfect timing on the update. I was just getting ready to email you! Congrats on a God-filled first night of Bible study. Wish I could be there to receive your wisdom.:)

Tasha said...

Rachel's favorite comment I said was, "You can't be unredeemed." Really and truly though, I prayed God would move and I'd get out of the way!!!