We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

OFFICIAL UNVIELING: Eliana Rose Guess

Eliana Rose Guess entered the world June 25, 2010 at 1:11pm. Mommy was in labor for just 13 hours, which is pretty short compared to another Mommy that was in labor for 22 hours. Tasha says, "J-U-S-T 13 hours? You try having a baby in J-U-S-T 13 hours." Cousin Rachel was an incredible help. I had called her at 3:45am to let her know that we were headed to the hospital soon and to check her email for the phone list of people we wanted her to contact. Then I called her again once we were settled in our Labor and Delivery room to ask her to come move the car from the ER loading and unloading only zone. Well, she ended up staying the whole time and got to join us for such a huge event in our lives. Rachel told us that she loved being there and that all that was required in return was for Tasha to do the same for her when that time comes for her and Ruli. Tasha says, "Rachel was the helper that God knew I needed." And I second that. Eliana weighed in at 5 pounds 14 ounces and measured 17-1/4" long. Tasha figured that she'd be at least bigger than she was because of her pregnancy weight gain and how hard labor was. She came earlier than we expected but is doing wonderfully well. We heard repeatedly how small she was but then would hear how great she was doing. The nurses and doctor at Clovis Community Medical Center were phenomenal. Tasha says, "Phenomenal doesn't even cut it. They were J-U-S-T what she needed. Special shout out to Olga and Jonelle!" We had such a great experience. I brought Tasha and Eliana home June 26 at 7:00pm. We survived our first night, which was full of wonderment and challenges. Eliana is amazing. Tasha is a great Mommy and I think I am getting a hang of this Daddy thing, at least until Eliana goes nuts because I don't get her to Mommy quickly enough for her hungry little body. She's eating so well.

Eliana is pronounced el-ee-AH-nah or say Ellie-Ana fast and it flows together. Daddy took Hebrew and wanted me to have a Hebrew name. He and Mommy liked Eliana because it means "God has answered". My middle name is Rose because roses are pretty, plus Mommy loves to take pictures of flowers.


I AM ELIANA ROSE!


Our first look at God's special blessing.


Daddy talking to Eliana at the infant care center just a couple yards from the delivery bed.


Peaceful me.


Cousin Donald holds Eliana like a pro.
Tasha says, "I love watching Donald mature before my eyes as he got to hold his little cousin. I knew he was excited and nervous. When he first held her, he was shaking so Kyle helped him to the chair to sit. Her squeaks and movements had Donald mesmerized."


Proud Mommy basking in her Mommy light.


One of our favorite poses while in Postdelivery.


Beautiful flowers from the Barkers. Judy picked lilies and roses since she knew they were Tasha's favorites. Plus, Rose is Eliana's middle name.


Daddy had fun taking lots of pictures of me.


Checking Eliana's vitals again before Daddy had to leave for the night. He just had one hour of sleep the night that Mommy's water broke and 1-2 hours of sleep on the floor of the postdelivery room while the Barkers visited just feet away with Mommy and I the following day.


Daddy's aunt Dacra made me this cute bonnet.


Here I am taking the car seat challenge to make sure my heart beat and oxygen saturation stays were it needs to. I passed this test with flying colors.


Daddy laughs at me in this picture.


Here I am at home in a super cute outfit.


Mommy snuck up on Daddy and I while we slept.


This is what cute looks like.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! She's absolutely beautiful! We'll call this week and see if we can bring you dinner or something once the hoards of visitors slow down. LOL! :)Craig and Michelle

Kieran & Kari said...

Well, you made your mentor/friend cry (Kari, not Kieran) and you KNOW this is not something I do easily! CONGRATULATIONS! We are SO excited for you. What a beautiful blessing!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful! We are very excited and can't wait to hold her. CONGRADULATIONS....hope you are able to get some sleep. Love you. Dad and Bonnie

Michele said...

Absolutely love that baby girl already. So glad to be a part of your lives. Call anytime!

Mary said...

Love it! She is beautiful! Congratulations guys.

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to meet her, shes soooo cute!!
if i had a car i would be there to help out!! :D
im so excited to meet her!!
Love always,
Taylor!!

The Eaks said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I am so happy to hear your news and see the beautiful pics!! We will be remembering you in these first few wonderful (and tired) weeks! :) Treasure each precious moment!
Love,
Carey