We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good Bye Nanny

My Nanny passed away at 2:15am this morning.  My mom and Tara were awake and could tell that Nanny's life was coming to a close.  They woke up Pop Pop.  He came in and gave her a kiss goodbye, and then she passed.

September
I'm so very glad that we got to see her this weekend.  I'm blessed that Saturday was her best day for the last week and a half, and that Eliana was a big part of making that day special.  Kyle and I treasure the memories of her saying over and over "Beautiful baby!" to Eliana.

October
I found out a few minutes before Bible study that my Nanny was no longer here.  I hesitated in going, but decided that being in the fellowship of believers would be a good place for me.  When I parked, someone from my small group happened to have just parked a few minutes before me.  I found great comfort in her hug.  I shared with my group about Nanny and was embraced as tears went around the group.  Many people said they would be praying for my family and me.  A friend even offered to watch Eliana for a couple days if needed.
November
I'm so glad that Eliana brought such joy to her life.  I didn't really even need to say smile when I took these pictures.  She just did because she got to hold our precious gift.
November
 I love my Nanny dearly and will truly miss her. Thinking of Nanny spurred on the posts about M&Ms, a tribute to her, and photos of tulips we brought to her.

1 comment:

Kel Absey said...

I'm so sorry your your loss, Tash. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. You have written some beautiful posts about Nanny.