We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning New Things

Eliana is 9 and 1/2 months old.  She is learning so many new things. Although she doesn't have a quick crawl, she is getting around.  Yesterday I sat her down with some toys while I worked on scooping out the seeds of some butternut squash for her food.  When I looked back, she had moved a couple of feet and was standing and holding onto the chair legs.  
Look Mom, no hands!!!  
She can do this for about 5 seconds before she needs to grab a hold of something or will fall into my arms.

Although I thought it was cute the first day I found her like this, it isn't so cute anymore.  She now gets up and cries rather than napping.  I don't know if she knows how to get down yet.  One day this week I found her with her head down on the railing whining and rubbing her eyes.  Some day she won't fight sleeping as much.  That day might be in a couple of years, but I am still holding onto hope.

I love Eliana.  She brings us so much joy and laughter.  I'm so glad that I get to be home with her.  

1 comment:

GramE said...

Tasha, Make sure the crib mattress is on the lowest rail. We don't want her to bounce out. It happens.
Love all the new pictures,
thanks <3