We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Eliana Update

Maybe it is just me, but this picture makes me smile.  What is also funny to me is that it was taken just seconds after the one below.

I don't think Eliana will ever lack in expressions.

Notice the color of Eliana's onesie?  She had a bit of fun with the water in her sippy cup on the way home.  Eliana decided to cool herself off with most of the water before we realized what was happening.  We didn't mind since we were on our way home, and it is still VERY hot here.  I'm just glad it was water.

What can I say?  She has good control of her facial muscles???  Kyle had taken her outside while I finished packing things up to head out for a walk.  We've found that walking in the evening is pretty much the best way to enjoy our time together.  Eliana isn't nearly as fussy despite the teething.  (By the way, she decided to skip her canine tooth and break in a molar.)  We get exercise.  Eliana gets to see new things.  Kyle and I get to catch up on our day.  Awe, I do love summer walks.  I am looking forward to the cooler weather, but I am NOT looking forward to it getting dark sooner.

Although it does appear that Eliana is practicing a disco move, she was probably just waving to someone.  She waves to most people and cars.  Kyle and I often catch people in other cars waving to Eliana as we walk or drive along.  I'm so glad she brightens so many people's days.


I am continuing to try and capture geese flying.  I realized that Trisha's camera simply doesn't have the same zoom capabilities as mine.  I'm sure it would if we had another lens for her camera, but this was about as close as I could get last week.  The sunset picture turned out well though as I waited for the hungry geese to find the turned over corn field. 

I am so glad that we decided to let Eliana in the kitchen.  Here she is helping me stir banana pancakes for breakfast.  Kyle and I added butterscotch chips to ours.  Delish!

Eliana knows many words although she can't say them back yet.  Book is one of those words.  I can ask Eliana to bring me a book to read.  She gladly grabs a book, hands it to me, climbs up the couch, sits on my lap, and enjoys nursery rhymes, stories, or the above book which she just figured out how to move the parts inside.   

 This is such a rare shot.  Well, she does often fall asleep after out park day on Wednesdays, but I haven't capture a sleeping picture of Eliana in many, many moons!  Awe, she used to look like this for so much more of the day last year.
Spaghetti is one of Eliana's favorite foods.  I can lay a foundation of veggies below the spaghetti, and wala, they all disappear!

Aren't these fun?  Rachel taught me how painting on tissue paper is the technique Eric Carle used to make the Hungry Caterpillar.  I need a new piece of glass, some new mats, and soon these will be up in Eliana's room!!!

2 comments:

staceypayne said...

Wow she does have a lot of expressions! So cute!

Bonnie said...

What great pictures.Miss that little one. Hope to see all of you soon. Love Bonnie and Dad