We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Friend Visit!

Katherine, Tristan, Eliana, and I got to hangout today!  Yahoo for a friend visit!
Tristan was fascinated by the water behind his mom.

 I felt like Eliana was saying, "Ta Da, here is my friend Tristan!"

Tristan will be seven months old tomorrow!  He has learned to clap!  Hooray!

It was close to his nap time, so he was giving me his handsome, serious face today.

  These two are nearly the same length when we laid Eliana down to compare height! It always cracks me up how little ones can find each other's hands.  We've been working on Eliana being gentle to friends smaller than her.
Awe, I love fountains.  I'm glad Eliana didn't decide she needed to go swimming!  When we were cruising through some stores, Eliana had had enough of being strapped in.  I went out on a limb, and it worked.  I got Eliana out, and she helped me push the stroller around.  She got a kick out of helping me push the basket in the back, and people thought it was funny to see such a small helper.  She didn't mind that she couldn't see where she was pushing the stroller.  Eliana's laughs got louder and more enthusiastic as she realized she had a delighted audience.  
                                    
Here are some updates on Eliana this week.  Eliana continues to grow in her climbing abilities.  The movie above shows her climbing into her stroller all by herself.  I was fairly scared the first time she did it, but she hasn't fallen yet while trying.  Yesterday, she learned how to climb into her booster seat.  She also learned how to drink out of a straw this week.  I was so impressed that I called Kyle in the middle of the day just to tell him!  For many months she has wanted to drink out of my travel cup, but she would just end up chewing on the straw.  I'm amazed, because you can't really explain to a small child how to suck up the water in a straw.  The wee one just have to figure it out.  Eliana has overgeneralized all animals as "cats", but she did learn the word bird this week.  You have to be very attentive because the "bu" sound she makes for bird is very similar to the "boo" sound she makes for book.  She is also signing all done, cheese (one of her favorite foods!!!), and shoes.  It is a little confusing though since more and shoes are very similar signs.  :)

2 comments:

GramE said...

Watch out! Next she will be climbing out of her crib. Her daddy did it at her age.

Allison said...

What a little monkey, she is! I can't believe how big she's getting! It'll be so fun to have our little ones interact next time we are out that way for a visit. :)