We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful for Pumpkins

Growing up I hated pumpkin pie.  Why have pumpkin when you can have berry pie?  Some time in the last few years I've tried pumpkin again and found I like it!  Although, truth be told.  I'll take a berry pie over pumpkin any day:)



My friend Michele shared with me two great tips.  One, pick up pumpkins at the 99 Cent Store!  Second, cooking them doesn't have to be a big deal.  Cut the pumpkin in half.  You can scoop out the seeds then or after the cooking.  Place them face down on a pan and cook at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours.  It is okay for the skin to bubble and brown.  Let the pumpkin cool.  Scoop out the flesh and let is sit in a strainer.  Push the water out with hand or spoon.  Let it set for several hours to get the water out.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins were delicious!!!  You can check out the recipe here.  I recently bought wheat flour.  I used half white flour and half wheat flour for this recipe.  I didn't have cloves, so I used more cinnamon.   I shared them with my family over the weekend, and they enjoyed them!

Pumpkin Pancakes 
 Again, I didn't have any white flour.  Since I haven't made them with the white flour I can't compare, but I LOVED these.  Kyle's early morning response to the first bite was, "These rock!"  That means they are really good since he normally doesn't talk in the morning.  You can find the recipe here.  As with the muffin recipe, I replaced the cloves with cinnamon.  I don't care for ginger, so I didn't add that.  These are really filling pancakes.  Next time I might make them a little smaller.  


No comments: