We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Transitions

Over the last few months I slowly began weening Eliana.  This month we went all the way down to one feeding.  Tonight, at 17 months old and one day, we made the leap into going to bed without that last feeding.  I began writing the previous post just to take my mind off of Eliana screaming.  The thing is, she is already now asleep, and I'm the one sad and near tears.  When she was a few months old, I dreamed of the day when I would no longer nurse Eliana.  The word "FREEDOM" was what I thought I would feel.  Now that it has come, I am blurry eyed as I type.

On a happier note, let me share Eliana's face this morning.


She had this face because she was looking at this.

Which she followed up by doing this, aka, "Dad, hold me there is a giant tree where the keyboard normally goes, and I don't know if I am okay with that."


What she didn't realize was that after "helping" me practice the piano last night, she "helped" her dad open the Christmas tree box.  Then she "helped" him put the Christmas tree stand together.  While she slept, we put the tree together.






We decided not to decorate the tree yet.  I wanted to see if it was going to be a nightmare teaching her not to touch the tree.  So far, she hasn't touched it at all.  That surprises me since she normally is so curious about anything new in our home.  We'll see how long it lasts.

Enjoy the giggle fest while we "practiced" the piano.
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have seen such patient parents in a very long time. You two are wonderful.
I was also pleased to see some light fuzz coming in on Eliana's head, yea for hair!!
She may not be touching the tree now, but when she sees the pretty and shiny ornaments, that may be another story, haha

Love You All
Aunt Marcie

Kyle said...

Well, Aunt Marcie, we do try to be patient. It is good that you only see what we post and not the blow by blow of our days. Overall we think she's quite a dear. Lately she's been a bit clingy. It is pretty sweet to have her run to me and put her head on my chest and stay there. It reminds me of when she was tiny and immoble. Now she's petite and highly mobile, and highly mobile means she doesn't want to stay in one place for long, even if it is in daddy's arms.