We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thankful

Today I am thankful for Eliana.  She currently isn't feeling well.  She got a fever on our anniversary (Wahoo for 7 years) and hasn't been well for 6 hours straight yet.  Fevers tend to come for her when teeth are trying to poke through. I'm guessing there are some really large teeth trying to break through since this is the third day like this.  I've enjoyed the cuddle time immensely, but I miss having Eliana well.  Eliana isn't a cuddler, so having her fall asleep while I'll held here lately is a real treat.

I am thankful that some time over the summer Eliana learned to sleep through the night.  She hasn't since Sunday, and so it reminds me what a blessing a whole night of sleep is.

I am thankful that God has given us the pleasure of raising our wee one.  On Thanksgiving, friends of ours had a precious stillborn son.  I simply can't imagine.  This week an acquaintance gave birth six weeks early, and her wee one is preparing for heart surgery this week.  I know what it was like for my brother to have open heart surgery, but I can't imagine what it was like for my parents or for these friends of friends.

Today my heart is heavy for these two families.  Please pray for them.

No comments: