We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fevers

I'm curious what Eliana has against weddings.  In May, Kyle's brother got married and Eliana thought it would be a good time to get a fever.  Kyle went to the wedding, and she and I stayed home.  A week later two teeth came from her fever.  I known that not all kids get fevers before they get teeth, but it is her habit.  Althought earlier this month she had a fever and I'm still looking for the teeth.  Then again, trying to check to see if teeth are coming in is now much more of a challenge.  Eliana doesn't want us sticking our fingers in her mouth to check, and I don't blame her.

My sister is getting married later tonight.  Eliana got a fever on Thursday night.  Although it was gone Friday morning, it came back yesterday afternoon.  Sigh.  So Kyle is home with Eliana, and I'm two hours away soon to be the matron of honor.  I miss my honey and my baby.  This is the first time Eliana and I have been apart for 24+ hours.  It was so hard to leave our home.  She cried when I took the suitcase out to the car.  She cried when I came back for a few things.  She cried when I had to get something to help with the frost on Kyle's car.  I thought it was cute and sentimental when she'd cry when Kyle went to work.  She cries when anyone leaves.  Eliana takes a little bit to warm up to visitors, but she hates to see them go.  I found it so very hard to leave knowing I wasn't just going to the store, but I'd be two hours away while she didn't feel good.  I told Kyle I am so grateful that I get to be a stay at home mom.  I'd much rather be the one comforting Eliana telling her Daddy will be home that night than dropping her off for someone else to comfort her.  Don't get me wrong though, she goes to the nursery during church and we love when Rachel and Ruli care for her so we can have a date night.  I guess I'm just mushy because she is sick and I'm far away.

I was trying to see a bright side to Eliana having a fever.  The only thing that came to mind was that she got it on Thursday night and not when we were already out of town.  It would have been much harder to deal with if we were guests at someone's home.

I am looking forward to the wedding!!!  Yeah for Trish and Zak!  I've been praying for them as they have dated, and it will a blessing for them to be married.

No comments: