We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Thankful

When having a rough day (ie the day Kyle and I had with Eliana feeling like screaming was her new favorite hobbie), it is wise, healthy, and simply a good idea to thank God for the things He has done.  So, here is a list of as many things I can think of in about 5 minutes.  They are in no particular order.

1. hot showers- such a comfort, and the majority of the world probably doesn't get one daily
2. raspberry muffins- Michele showed me a recipe recently, and I made some for my dad for his birthday
3. hot chocolate- Rachel brought some over recently, awe, I am SO THANKFUL for hot chocolate
4. God's Word- I'm reading through Judges.  Yesterday Samson died along with thousands of Philistine leaders. His death is a good reminder to be careful of fleshly desires.  It got him in trouble over and over again.
5. car rides with Rachel- Rachel and I went down for Trisha and Zak's wedding, it was nice to have someone to talk to rather than hearing Eliana scream at us while we drive.
6. weddings- Trisha and Zak are married!  Wahoo!
7. cards- I like writing them and receiving them.  Not everyone has access to paper, pens, stamps, or a reliable mail service.
8. Kyle- He was such a trooper taking care of Eliana this weekend.
9. internet access- not everyone has it
10. Pop Pop- he let me stay at his home on a spur of the moment/everything is suddenly different for my travels for the wedding due to Eliana being sick
11. unexpected blessings- God has given us unexpected blessings in many forms as we journey through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University in an effort to be better stewards of His blessings
12. visits- recently my mom visited.  It is so nice when family comes to see us.

My 5 minutes are up.  Enjoy the day, and thank God for the many blessings both big and small around you.

No comments: