We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hide and Go Seek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever played Hide and Go Seek with an 18 month old before?  It can be quite exciting!  Our version looks different than the traditional game.  The adult is always the one hiding, because Eliana doesn't quite know how to yet.  Eliana comes and finds the adult who then shouts with joy, hugs Eliana, and then runs to a new hiding place.  We can play this game with both Kyle and I or just by myself.  When we all played last week, Kyle was the hiding person.  When he would be found, I'd quickly grab Eliana's hand and we'd run to the living room, run in a circle, and then run back to find Kyle.  Today, I was on my own, so that meant I had to run and hide in a new spot Q-U-I-C-K.  It didn't take long for my heart rate to go up.  We had so much fun, and it helped Eliana to take a good nap.  She has a tendancy lately to sing, play, whine, and cry rather than nap.  After our game, she was tuckered out and went down for a nap much easier.

No comments: