We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

God's Moving - Wednesday

Our youth pastor and his wife are moving. I've got this extra time I mentioned, so I decided to see if she wanted to go to lunch on Monday. While there she mentioned that a friend of ours recently miscarried. There really aren't words to express the emotion that comes upon hearing those words. There is grief and brokenness and deep sadness.
After lunch my thoughts returned to my friend. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help, but I had no idea how. Do you know that often times God does know how to comfort even when we don't? Do you know that even though I can't fix the problem, I can pray for healing of her and her husband's heart? I took a few moments to pray and decided to call and let God move. I offered to share a meal or go to coffee/tea. We decided to have lunch today.
Today was a special lunch, not just because I love Panda Express. Today was special because I got to share time with a friend and her two little ones. I got to eat and laugh and talk. I got to listen, and I think that is a lot of what was needed. I was thanked for being a distraction from being home and lonely. Today was special because although it looked as though I decided to go to lunch on Monday, it was really God opening an opportunity to help someone that I've wanted to get to know better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From one who has suffered such a loss, I truly appreciate your post. Part of my testimony is that I felt so alone, almost like I had the plague, after my miscarriage. No one knew what to "do" for me. The best thing to "do" is pray & then do as the Lord prompts- drop off small gifts, send a note, give a call, or an email. Basically just show you care. This is a cool post, my friend.