We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

I married a smart fellow

My right eye has been bugging me for a while. I couldn't figure it out since I recently put in new contacts. My eye has had a lovely shade of red for days in a row.
Last night while talking about the red hue that made me look oh so attractive, Kyle suggested putting in a new contact. Rather than get huffy and say I just did that (because believe it or not having new and even good ideas while trying to get ready for bed can result in "chicken fights" as we call them ie little fights that don't really matter), I nicely told him that the contact was new. He wondered if sometimes you could get a bad contact. Every once in a while you get a dud in other products, so why not these. He then proposed a brilliant plan. Why not put in a new contact and see if the redness goes down and if my eye isn't so irritable. Then, if it does improve, I know that the former new contact is a dud and I can toss it. Those of you who are analytical like will see that this hypothesis had good merit.
This morning I tried the experiment. Wouldn't you know, my eye isn't all fussy and a lot of the redness has gone down. The best part is that I restrained my prideful and stubborn heart not to interrupt Kyle as he told me his idea. Part of me wanted to get all of the reasons why there "shouldn't" be bad contacts. For example, I don't recall in the ... 10 plus years I've been wearing contacts of one going bad in the first few days. Plus I hate wasting things, why would I "waste" a "good" contact? God and I have been talking a lot about my prideful, stubborn heart as of late. Yea for a break through! Yea for answered prayers! Yea for a lack of super red and irritable eye!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! Pride- funny thing, pride. Keeps us reliant upon a Savior though, huh? Gosh darned that Holy Spirit & convictions! Oh yes, to paraphrase the great Yoda from Star Wars: "Much growth I have seen in you. Yes."

Kyle said...

I am really glad that my wife did not share this thought with me - "I don't recall in the ... 10 plus years I've been wearing contacts of one going bad in the first few days". Fights before bed are no fun.

Tasha said...

Well, I think you and everyone else I come in contact with is blessed by the self control filter that works fabulous around my students, pretty good around friends, and has room for improvement when it comes to family:)