We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Picnic Fun!!!

Picnic Fun
(Inspired by Mr. William Carlos Williams)

So much depends upon
Subways sandwiches
enjoying the outdoors
and good time with friends

Meet our friend Tristan! 
 My friend Katherine and her son Tristan came over for a picnic today!  Yum!!!  We enjoyed the breeze under a shade tree outside.
 I can't help it, I LOVE Tristan's blue eye!!!  Aren't they amazing?  I think I'm partial to blue eyes because my dad has them.  
Unlike Eliana, Tristan doesn't mind tummy time.  He was a little concerned though since I rolled him over and thus his mom disappeared.   
Tristan likes to look around.  He especially likes lights and fans.  It was so good to see them today.  It reminded me of when Eliana was younger.  My how time flies!  He makes noises Eliana doesn't make anymore.  He is still happy as a clam to just lay on his back and enjoy looking at the trees.  He stays in one spot.  You don't have to worry about him crawling into the kitchen or falling after pulling up on a chair.   
 Tristan has gotten to the smile phase of life, but he too has windows of smile time like Eliana used to have.  This was a pretty good smile though!!!
During our photo shoot I realized it would have been really nice to have brought a light colored towel as a background for the photos or even a dark blue one to bring out his eyes even more.  You'd think I'd know by now since I've been taking pictures of Eliana for over ten months now.  I guess there is always next time.  You could say we were going for a multi-ethnic look;)  This blanket is perfect for picnics.  It is a good size and light weight.   
Eliana was excited to find Tristan's toy.  
Yeah for a picnic with friends!!!  It is JUST what I needed today!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

What wonderful pictures! i enjoyed all the things you said about Tristan. It is nice to hear and seem him from someone else's point of view. I had lots of fun today. I would definitely like the pictures!