We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Zoo in my House

I have a zoo in my house
if you listen
or sometimes try to ignore
you may hear
a skillfully loud screech owl
crying from her nest
a hysterical hyena
playing with her dad
a hum, hum, humming humming bird
exploring uncharted frontiers
a young lion cub
pacing her territory


Oh, you say I don't see
these animals
screaming
laughing
humming
exploring
and pacing about

You say you only see
one
small
precious baby

You could have fooled me
with all of the noises she can make

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Yesterday Eliana was upset that I was in the kitchen making her dinner. She was h-u-n-g-r-y!!! She wanted me, but she also knew that she wasn't supposed to be in the kitchen. SO, she paced the carpet in the dining room crawling and crying to let me know how she felt.

Kieran & Kari said...

I love that you have found yet another "creative outlet"- poetry. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kari!!!