We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, July 25, 2011

13 Months Old!!!

Wow, where has the time gone?

What is Eliana up to now that she is over a year old?  She can climb in and out of her Little People block wagon.

She can see new challenges and is fearless when it comes to problem solving.  

This includes using toys to try and climb on the couch!  HA!!!

Thankfully, she didn't fall during the photo shoot.  My mom tells me that I was a climber, so I wasn't too surprised to see Eliana climbing.  She hasn't figured out how to climb out of her crib... yet?!?!?!  
Other highlights:
*Eliana continues to take 2 steps here and there.  We practice, but she is content to take two on her own and then crawl.
*I think she is faster crawling than Lighting McQueen is racing!  HA!!!
*She cracks me up when she claps just to get others to clap with her.
* When Kyle and I are talking in the car, sometimes Eliana will sing or laugh just to get our attention.
*There are times when she will show the sign "more" to get more food, and then there are times when we are trying to help her remember the sign and she pulls her hands apart in an effort to not let them touch.
*She has gone swimming and loves it!!!
*I think today she was showing the sign "eat", but maybe I'm wrong.  It was before lunch time... so maybe.
*She still loves to go on walks in her stroller.
*Grocery shopping isn't nearly as stressful as it was when she was younger.  
*She loves to be my shadow, so I have to do many of my chores when she is sleeping.  That includes on some days making dinner while she naps in the afternoon so that we won't have to "argue" about staying out of the kitchen when I have knives in my hands.
*She waves to people, and that brings such joy to friends, family, and strangers!
*She loves her tub of books.  If I do need to make dinner when she is awake, I might get 10 minutes of uninterrupted cooking time if I open up her tub of books.  It is amazing how much I can get done in 10 minutes.
*She can climb up on the couch by hiking her leg up past the middle of her chest and then pulling on the couch cover.  She and Ruli practiced sliding off the couch onto pillows.  She had an absolute blast, and I think Ruli loved it just as much:)
****OH, I almost forgot!!!  We weaned her off of the pacifier last Monday.  She initially cried half an hour during her nap time, and then an hour that first night.  Since then, she doesn't cry much if at all.  Wahoo!!!
****Praise the Lord, she is sleeping through the night.  For awhile that meant she was waking up between 5-5:30 for the day, but for the last few days she has been waking up between 7:30 and 8:30.  In fact, last Saturday I woke up at 8 totally refreshed and she slept for another 45 minutes.  AMAZING!!!  On days that she is up at 5ish, she takes a morning nap.  When she sleeps until 7ish, she just has a nice long (some times as long as 3+ glorious hours) nap.

1 comment:

Michele said...

When you need to cook, have you tried putting her in her high chair and giving her some toys/books/snacks? I remember with my first three I would do this and it usually gave me about 20 minutes and I learned to only make meals that take 20 minutes :)