We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Adventures with Eliana

We've been on a few adventures this week.

Protector Rachel enjoyed some swim time with Eliana on the 4th of July.  I didn't know that Dawson was going to have a pool, so we borrowed a onesie.  Eliana was fascinated by the very warm pool water.  It was SO hot that day that the pool was almost toasty.


Ruli has been waiting for Eliana to walk for many months.  Eliana loved to practice talking steps wirh Ruli after her water time.

Eliana and I enjoyed being outside during the middle of the day on an yesterday.  I prefer in the 90s with overcast clouds rather than the 100+ degree days we've been having lately.

Eliana is regularly on the move!

 I know that I posted pictures of the same type of flower, but they both turned out so well that I couldn't decide which one to post.

On our walk I explained pine cones to Eliana.  She was fascinated.  Eliana is one to show me things, but not to share.  She likes to hold things up for me to see, but that doesn't mean she is offering for me to hold them. ;)
A few weeks back I collected my classroom library that I had been loaning to the fourth grade teacher.  She is moving to a different grade, and it was time for me to collect my books since I am not returning next year.  I'll be honest that the hundreds of books stayed in boxes for a couple of weeks in the corner of my dining room.  It has been difficult for me to give away my books, especially since in this case it is in part of the continued process of handing over teaching in the classroom for this season.  So, to make room for more books in Eliana's room, I got out all of her board books off of the shelves.  She thought she was in heaven!  I'm so glad that she loves books!  I'm not for sure what I'm going to do with all of her board books.  Currently I got another tub for them to be in the living room, but I'm starting to feel the need to put something, anything back in her room to regain my sanity levels.  One blessing of having so many books to share is that I totally made Michele's kids' day yesterday when I brought over a large box of books!  Theresa squealed over and over again with pure delight.  It made my day very special.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Thank you again for the books. A lot of the books will go along so well with our American history studies this year. Me and the library don't get along very well, so anything to save me some fines :)

Michele

Tasha said...

You're welcome Michele!!!!!!!!!