We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Joni Eareckson

My class is reading the story The Waterfall this week.  We were talking about diving into pools of water from the height of waterfalls.  The discussion was great and I was able to share tidbits of what I know about Joni Eareckson, a lady I learned about when I was a kid.  She became a quadriplegic in a diving accident.  The kids were fascinated with the story and how she would get around.  I found some photos.  One had her and Nic V., a guy living for God that was born with no arms or legs.  While looking for more info. I found this blog that shares a semi-recent account of Joni's passion for God despite being paralyzed for 38 years now.  Check it out http:/www.eucatastrophe.com/blog/archives/2005/10/11/i-saw-joni-dance-by-sam-storms/
Click on the word photo to see what I was able to show my kids.  You can look in the gallery to see other pictures that inspired my kids.   Since I've seen the movie about Nic, so I was able to share that he can throw a ball, cook, type, and swim!!!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool share! I used to hear her pretty regularly because one of the Christian radio stations would run a weekly program of hers. I was listening to her share part of her testimony on the radio a few months ago. It was the story of how she & her husband met & the extra challenges they face in marriage. KB

Tasha said...

Do you know if her husband has to feed her?