We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Marriage is weird

What was God thinking? "Let's put a sinful man and a sinful woman in this thing called marriage and see what happens".

Gary Thomas wrote Sacred Marriage: What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy? Well that first sounds like a stupid question. Isn't marriage supposed to make me happy? Sure it is, but it is a byproduct not a prime product.

I've heard people say before that God uses our spouses as His heavenly sandpaper. Are you timid and soft spoken? My wife was. Who'd she marry? A talkative loud person. Ah! God knew she needed some bloomage. Have a tendency toward laziness or procrastination? I do. Who'd I marry? A highly motivated and punctual person. Ah! God knew what I was lacking and brought me a wife who can help mold me.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

They weren't kidding when they said opposites attract.

Anonymous said...

that was real encouraging ( i cant spell) thank you brother

Anonymous said...

i left the 2nd comment Tanya

Anonymous said...

I thank God regularly for Him giving you Tasha. She has sanded you pretty well. Perry wants to know if she could work on directional thing next. LOL
You two are so good for each other. PTL

Love, MOM

Tasha said...

Huh? Directional thing??? As in long term goal based in new locations?

Kyle said...

Not where we'll end up overseas. He meant my directionally challenged navigation abilities. :P