We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Parallels of Twitterpation



We have been working with the youth group for a number of weeks now. It is humorous to watch them interact with one another, especially when in mixed groups. Perhaps I notice these things because my system is not being bombarded with hormones like theirs. There are a few boys in particular that are entirely clueless that half the girl population drools at the sound of their name and break out into giggle fits when they happen to make eye contact with them. There are girls that are able to interact with the boys which the shy girls envy but act as though they don’t. Many conversations are about whom likes whom, liked whom, talked to whom, and/or smiled at whom.


This week began my third semester at Fresno Pacific. It is very humorous to watch the parallels between the youth I interact with and the adults I have class with. I am so glad that I am married to my wonderful wife. I know she loves me and I love her. I don’t have to try to impress her although I haven’t given up on showering regularly and occasionally combing my hair. All this week I’ve watched my classmates be overly conscience about their clothes, hair, and accessories. Men are just as concerned about these things as women are. Especially on a campus which has a 4 to 1 women to men ratio.


As I sat waiting for one of my classes to begin, I people watched. It is funny what being twitterpatted does to the inhibitions. A great example was a pair of friends that sat adjacent to me. One was getting her pen and notepad out while the other one finished texting on her cell. The girl texting was interrupted by movement in front of her and happened to look up as a guy entered the room. Without thinking she said aloud, “He is cute!” I was surprised by the outburst and couldn’t help as a smile slid across my face. Her friend saw that I had heard and seen what had happened. Periodically throughout the rest of the class I’d make eye contact with the girls and nod towards the guy or whisper, “He is looking this way”. This made for great entertainment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED this!:)

Unknown said...

Yea I remember being at FPU and laughing because sometimes the girls just didnt think, but then again the guys couldnt stop staring (sometimes to the point of walking into chairs). It makes for very interesting people watching.