We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Fun

Kyle started school today. What better to do the day before school starts than to go off on an adventure? Kyle and I adventured through an area he's been to before, but I had never been. It is near Shaver Lake in an area called Dinkey Creek. I loved being out in creation with my husband!
Doesn't the ripples in the water make the rocks look dazzling?

My stomach had become a bit sour due to the curvy roads. I was so taken back as I stepped out the of the car and smelled the forest. I don't know how, but some how I had forgotten how good it smelled to be in the forest. Just breathing in that air cleared my stomach issue in no time.

These reminded me of some flowers I took pictures of on a windy day with Kari and Stephanie at the dog park.

I was startled as Kyle was vocally not so excited about me putting my feet over the edge of this rock. It went down a ways. I thought I was the protective one:)

These guys will be great to show my kids when I teach a lesson on surface tension. I did one of my science fair projects on surface tension when I was a kid.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Um, yeah I was not so okay with my wife putting her feet over a 60 some foot drop. It was fine though. She spotted a lizard between the rock she is sitting on in the picture and one to the right. It was listening to our conversation as we ate our oranges. We wanted to get a better look at him but he was bashful.

Unknown said...

Great photos- thanks for sharing! It's really cool that you two went there before all the busyness of the fall got underway. I hope the photos will be a reminder to take time to be together & to be with God.:) Kari

ELLIE GROVER said...

I saw that "ellie style photo" comment :) I was just browsing your blog to see what was going on in your life lately... hope the school year is going well! Love you tasha!