We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Long Awaited Hair Cut!!!

Two years ago around this time I cut 10 inches of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I had Kyle cut it again that November, however due to my response as he cut it exactly where I asked him to, he declined my request to cut it again. Let's just say it was shorter than I expected. So, I went in search of a brave hair dresser who wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. You see, I've never paid for a hair cut before. I've always had family or friends cut my hair. Since we moved, I searched high and low (after my sister's wedding of course... I wasn't going to do a major overhaul on my hair right before the big day) and I found the perfect one to do my hair. A good friend of mine has a daughter going to beauty school. I offered to let her cut my hair and pay her $20. She'd get to practice on a real person, and I wouldn't be paying out the nose for a hair cut.
Before:

After:



Kyle and I love my hair! Plus, I got to share with tons of people that I did it for Locks of Love. I had a friend thank me, because she has a friend who is in chemo and she appreciated that I'd donate my hair.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful! I love it
Tanya

Anonymous said...

So sassy!
Apa thinks you look older. We love it!

Love, AMMA

Stephanie said...

very cute, Tasha! I like it. I'm sure it is really easy now, too. Way to take the plunge!

PS - thank you for the pictures you sent to us - we really enjoyed them and our visit to you as well :)

Take care!

Unknown said...

Weird- I posted on this one, but it didn't "take". I believe what I said was...I love the short & "sassy" cut & I love your heart for doing what you do! Thanks for giving back to others. Miss you- Kari

Tasha said...

I actually get out of the shower quicker, and I save time when doing my hair. This in turn gives me more quiet time in the morning which is always a plus:)

Kyle said...

My wife is so cute! <3

Anonymous said...

at first I was scared and then I saw the photo and nearly screamed .... It is absolutly adorable on u! U look gorgous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh MY goodness,well at first I was quite scared to look at the photo, but when I did I was in love with it. You look gorgeous the cut is absolutely fabulous!!!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the complement sis.