We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sequoia National Park

Yesterday we went on our first family day trip! I'll be honest. I was rather nervous about taking Eliana. She often screams in the car soon after getting in. She often does not stop until soothed after we arrive at our destination. So, let's just say I was very close to talking myself out of the trip the night before we left. Kyle came to the rescue by suggesting we borrow a super cool stroller and baby harness from some friends. We have a stroller and a sling, but the thought of having these two items from our friends was enough to get me going.


Kyle was a huge help! His smile isn't a pose, it is a reaction to the noises that came from our daughter!


I was impressed at what Kyle found!


Just so you know, the trail is paved, and that is nice. It has SEVERAL places where there are steps. That made things a little complicated, but Eliana didn't fuss!


Here is the one spot the Kyle went "off roading" in order to avoid a few of the stairs.


Lichen is just fun!


This was Eliana's reaction to the vast majority of our hike! YEAH!


Talk about GIANT!



That tiny person is me!




In the background is the General Sherman. It has more wood than any other tree and is thought to be 2,200 years old! Imagine, it was just a small tree when Jesus walked the earth.





This stroller ROCKS! It is way easy to guide and it is very light weight. That made all of those stair much more doable.


We got up to 7,000 feet! The view is amazing from that elevation. Don't forget, you can double click on the pictures to make them bigger.

3 comments:

ELLIE GROVER said...

hey Tasha! I just read your comment on my blog which sent me back over to yours... I haven't looked at it for awhile and oh my goodness is she growing fast! It was nice to see all the photos :) She is so cute with her big eyes!! As for the photo - if you've ever driven the 5 to Bakersfield from my direction you would recognize those hills in a second! That's pretty much the whole boring drive :) I took i out the window, while driving of course cause I'm really safe like that.

Tasha said...

Ellie, the last one was from our car too! We pulled over on one of those tiny pull offs on that long windy road.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you all got out and were blessed with His beauty around us. I bet Eliana loved being in the open air and sunshine!
I love the picture where she is looking at Kyle while she is in the stroller. I would caption that "Seriously, dad!'
Love you three, Ama