We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Friday, September 24, 2010

13 Weeks Old!

Today Eliana is 13 weeks old! That is 91 days!




Eliana's neck is getting stronger! She can sit up with help!


We found out that she can stand up too!


I was SO excited the day I found out she could stand for more than a second. We've been working on it for weeks!


I was trying so hard the day I took this picture to get her to smile for Aunt Marcie, but her window of smiles had closed. I was so excited about this outfit matching perfectly with the quilt Aunt Marcie made!

A few things I've learned in the last 13 weeks:

*5 hours of sleep in a row is a beautiful thing!

*I wish I would have seen Happiest Baby on the Block before Eliana was born. It really has helped Kyle and I to soothe our little one. You can probably check it out at your local library!

*Bran buds on yogurt is one of my new favorite snacks.

*Eliana made it through BSF without a major crying sence! I'll tell you, I was SO nervous about taking her to Bible study. We got there 30 minutes early because I know she is happiest in the car right after eating. It was worth it to me to have a happy baby during the car trip rather than a screaming baby! I also knew she should be falling asleep right about the time we would sing our hymns. I worked diligently to soothe her to sleep before, and it worked! She stayed asleep during discuss time and part way through the lecture. Once she woke up, I knew I had about 1 minute or so before the I'm starving scream would begin. We quickly headed out to the foyer and found two other mommies with their wee ones. I was so blessed to see them!

*Eliana has changed our lives. I've learned that I need to do my Bible study while she is eating or while she is napping. God could be scooted to the side if I'm not careful. The days I forget or put off my quiet time are days of trouble.

*A speaker at a mom's group shared that the best thing you can do for your children is to love your husband. I'll tell you that it was quite convicting that day, as I reflected on how easy it is to put Eliana above God and Kyle. Eliana cries and demands attention. Kyle and God don't, but they need my devotion too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cool to see such personality so soon in such a little baby. She is adorable!!

Love you All
Aunt Marcie

Anonymous said...

she looks exactly like tasha!! :D
i just love her
enough said

love her favorite aunt Taylor
:)