We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Butterflies, Birds, and More

 Penguins remind me of some special friends in Wisconsin and Aunt Marcie.  The penguin exhibit was pretty amazing.  They made a portion of the water area an alcove that children loved to sit in and watch the birds swim around and even take a rest right above them on the plexiglass.


 The zoo had several aviaries.  I especially like this one because people could feed nectar to the birds.  So even though we didn't feed the birds, they didn't mind us being close to them.  I'm always amazed at how brilliantly colorful God made some birds.

 The zoo had a special butterfly exhibit.  A queen butterfly is shown above.  Had there been a little breeze and a little more shade, I think I could have stayed in there for hours.

This banana spider was at least the size of my closed fist!  AHHH!!!  The zoo keeper caught it and a few smaller ones since eating the butterflies wasn't beneficial to the exhibit.  I wouldn't want catch spiders as part of my job.  No thank you!
spice bush swallow tail

swallowtail butterfly

zebra longwing butterfly

                                      sulfer  butterfly                                         white peacock butterfly

monarch butterfly

No comments: