We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Deut. 31:8

I was thinking about the Bahers this morning while doing my quiet time. Last summer several of you were in the Bible study at Kari's house about Living Above Worry and Stress. During the study we wrote on a 3x5 card verses that comfort us in times of worry. The first one I wrote down is Deut. 31:8." The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

This one seemed particularly applicable to the Bahers as they go to be light in Wis. where their family desperately needs Christ. The Bahers heard God call them, but He didn't tell them how all of the pieces would work. Those pieces included the recent drama with their house, and the continued search for jobs. For now, they're like Abraham and Sarah going to a place simply because God told them to.

Please pray that you would take to heart with Deuteronomy says. We all have a something in our lives that makes us uneasy. For the Bahers and Kyle and I, it is moving to a new place because God told us to. But I think we all have things that we "like" to worry about. So, as I attempt to hand things back to God, I hope you are doing the same.

No comments: