We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Stop Signs

I was praying one morning as I ran through my new down town area. I saw a stop sign and was struck with a thought. Stop signs tell us there is a possible danger and we need to pay attention, if fact we need to stop entirely before we continue.

Our spiritual lives are like that. The more time we spend with God the better we hear Him say that there is a stop sign coming. If we listen, we hear His warnings. Otherwise we run into traffic instead of stopping, and well that just isn't nearly as much fun.

True Story: The computer can be my friend, but sometimes I think it is having a bad hair day and is out to get me and even my marriage. Yesterday Kyle and I needed to work together on the computer. We know from past experience that the computer, Kyle, and myself all speak three different languages. We were trying to pick 12 pictures to go in the frames that some of you signed at our "Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Hey We're Moving Party". Sounds simple enough right?!? It was our first time ordering pictures online and it turned out to be a lengthy and frustrating endeavor. Once they were finally ordered we were ready to push each other and the computer through walls.J

The first warning came when we got frustrated with the online ordering system. It would have been a good idea for one of us to try and tackle the problem instead of watching the other problem solve. It just so happens that we problem solve on the computer in totally different ways. The good thing is we were able to talk about all of this after almost wreaking the few hours we get to spend together.

The good thing is that we did get the pictures and they look great. And one of the cool things about stop signs is that they remind us what to do the next time a situation happens. For example, Kyle and I are going to be working with Perry this Saturday with Quicken to connect our banking to our budget. Well you think that the computer isn't always my friend, speaking about budgets creates and "interesting" dynamic. So add a computer and another willing helper and I'm sure stop signs will be coming my way on Saturday. The goal is to listen when God tells me to be quiet, listen, and speak. If you think of us on Saturday morning we probably need your prayers!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Lord is imparting much wisdom upon you, my friend. I'm watching you grow leaps & bounds by your having this available time to blog. Thank you so much for sharing your heart, time, words with others. I miss you so much. I covet your prayers. Wish we could share a Starbucks. I need one!:)

PS: Don't be discouraged if you don't get many blogger responses. I betcha people read, but not everyone responds. And, remember what it was like to work all the time, many times people just don't have the time to log on & send/receive updates. Keep doing this, though...it's wonderful!

Tasha said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Having the summer to think about God and not the stress of being a teacher is a huge blessing.

The girls are visiting me for the next Starbucks. We will be praying for you!