We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The First Day of School

My first day at my new school was awesome! I have 24 students. It is so cool to have 6 groups of 4 instead of 7 plus. You'd think, awe, what's the difference. But trust me, it is huge!
They were pretty quiet yesterday. I got them chatting a bit today. We'll have to work on keeping it in check though because I heard this is a pretty chaty group.
My classroom was all ready for them. The walls look great! Their work is slowly getting up as we continue to work on some school projects. My kids are nice and polite. Yes, I know already a couple that I'm going to be several discussion with during the year, however they are overall all a great group! Praise God!
The assignments are going over great. I'm figuring out the copier; and yes, I've already decided that its job is to teach me patience. I'm figuring out bus and yard duty along with how the lunch line and timing works. Plus we don't have bells to tell us to go to lunch or recess. There are only bells to line up. I guess all of the bells to keep the three lunch shifts and various recesses were driving some important people in the office crazy. :)
Totally blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVED the recap! Thanks for taking the time out to type this up to share. I know that the year will have its challenges. But, I also know that God has put you there while you encourage your husband through his schooling. I look forward to updates as the school year progresses.

Tasha said...

Thanks for checking our blog and commenting. I look forward to hearing what people think about what Kyle and I write. It always blesses me to see that you comment.