We're so glad you came to see us! Please leave us a comment to let us know you came by.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

SOAP Gal. 6:1,2

S: "Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Gal. 6:1,2

O: Paul is telling the Galatians to not be "Bible thumpers."

A: Pray for others. When they're making choices you don't agree with, pray for them. When you are grieved because you are watching that person you care about make mistakes that they might not even see, we are to be gentle in how we handle them. While trying to help, we need to pray for ourselves too. The reason being that we too might get swept away in the situation and loose sight of God's plan.

I'm reminded of what Pastor Roger said last Sunday. "You know that God's not done with you. Remember that He's not done with others either." (my paraphrasing)

P: Lord, help me to have wisdom to know when to help with actions and words, and when to be silent. Please help me to not give up on those that You haven't given up on. You are awesome and working. Please help me to remember those two amazing truths about you. Amen

1 comment:

Lori said...

We had a guest speaker at our district meeting this year, one of her mottos was "Accept others where they are, not where we wish them to be." I thought this was similar to what you were saying and I liked the quote alot. It's somehting I need to keep in mind.